- Created on Monday, 08 August 2016 00:00
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 August 2016 07:13
- Written by AAC
- Hits: 15141
Visit us on Brisbane Open House day on 8 October 2016
We are pleased to advise that Archerfield Airport is participating again in Brisbane Open House on Saturday 8 October 2016 from 10am to 4pm.
Brisbane Open House celebrates Brisbane city’s diversity and subtropical architecture, giving visitors a rare insight into the best buildings, places and spaces, free of charge and is the result of a unique partnership between the Office of the Queensland Government Architect, the Brisbane Development Association and the National Trust of Australia (Queensland). This year’s event (the 7th annual event) is being staged on the weekend of 8 and 9 October 2016 and will feature about 80-90 buildings. Further information can be found at www.brisbaneopenhouse.com.au.
Archerfield Airport will be open to visitors on Saturday 8 October only and we are planning a number of activities for that day - including viewing the art deco Terminal building, historic hangars 5 & 6 for LifeFlight and Archerfield Jet Base, Building 9 for BASAIR Flight Training and Student Accommodation, Gods Acre Cemetery and airside bus tours.
We see this event as a great opportunity to showcase Archerfield Airport, its history and current operations and we invite you to come along.
ARCHERFIELD AIRPORT CORPORATION
- AAC Newsletter - February 2017 AAC Newsletter...
- Media Release - Clem Lack Oration (27/09/16) Media Release...
- Media Release - Preliminary Draft Master Plan Consultation Open (09/11/2016) Media Release...
- Media Release - RAAF flypast a highlight of Brisbane Open House at Archerfield Airport (04/10/16) Media Release...
- Visit us on Brisbane Open House day on 8 October 2016 Visit us...