- Created on Tuesday, 08 November 2016 02:22
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 November 2016 08:55
- Written by AAC
Media Release - Preliminary Draft Master Plan Consultation Open
A Preliminary Draft Master Plan (2017 – 2037) for the ongoing development of Archerfield Airport is now open for public comment.
The 2017 plan is fundamentally consistent with the current approved plan (2011 – 2031) with some further refinements including:
- The Master Plan and environment strategy are now a single report, removing duplication and aligning documentation with 2010 amendments to the Airports Act.
- Planning information has been revised, consistent with current planning strategies, policies and controls, reflecting State Planning Policy and Brisbane City Plan amendments.
- Additional information about ground transport includes details of anticipated traffic generation from airport developments in the initial planning period; anticipated works to provide safe and efficient access to airport developments; other opportunities to improve the adjacent road network (to cater for increased traffic); and opportunities to integrate City Plan bicycle routes.
- A Brisbane City Council/State Government proposal to relink Boundary Road across the middle of the airport (as it previously existed and as foreshadowed in previous master plans) has been removed. This work is no longer required following the creation of Barton Street.
Archerfield Airport General Manager, Heather Mattes, said the Master Plan would ensure that the airport continued to evolve into a modern, world-class facility that will serve as a centre of excellence for aeronautical and related activities and the focus of general and corporate aviation in South East Queensland.
Ms Mattes said while there were no material changes to the new Master Plan, projects foreshadowed in the current approved plan would be carried forward. These are: ........
- AAC Newsletter - February 2017 AAC Newsletter...
- Media Release - Clem Lack Oration (27/09/16) Media Release...
- Media Release - Preliminary Draft Master Plan Consultation Open (09/11/2016) Media Release...
- Media Release - RAAF flypast a highlight of Brisbane Open House at Archerfield Airport (04/10/16) Media Release...
- Visit us on Brisbane Open House day on 8 October 2016 Visit us...