In response to the Aviation Transport Security Act 2004, Archerfield Airport Corporation (AAC) is required to implement tighter control over the movement of persons entering Airside. The pin code system was adopted as the most desirable method for locking pedestrian gates on the Airside/Landside boundary.
To allow airport users to gain access to pin codes 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, an automated pin notification system is in use. Registered users will need to send a blank SMS text message to '0414 233 902' anytime they require the pin code.* The automated system will then send an SMS text message with the latest pin code to that user's mobile phone.
The pin code is universal for all pedestrian gates throughout the Airport, aside from the Terminal passenger door. The automated SMS text message will provide registered users with both codes. Pin codes may be altered at any time without notification when necessary for security reasons. Registered users will need to send an SMS text message to receive the new pin if they find their old code no longer works.
For visiting pilots, the latest pin will also be displayed on the Airside entrance to the Terminal building.
If you wish to register your mobile phone, you will need to fill-in the following form:
You will also need to provide at least one of the following:
You do not need to be based at Archerfield permanently to apply. Visiting pilots are welcome
- Photocopy of ASIC card
- Photocopy of pilot's licence
- Proof of ownership of aircraft
- Authority to Drive Airside (ADA) ID number
- Current flying club membership details
- Proof of tenancy
- Proof of employment with a company requiring Airside access at Archerfield
Application forms will be reviewed weekly by the Operations Committee. Endeavours will be made to process applications within 10 working days, however delays may occur if insufficient information is provided or details are missing. Please fill-in the application form completely and provide as much information as possible to expedite processing.
The completed form with proof of identification attached, can be:
Sent to: Handed in person to: Faxed to: Archerfield Airport CorporationOperations CommitteePO Box 747Archerfield, Qld 4108 Archerfield Airport CorporationTop floor, Terminal BuildingGrenier DriveArcherfield Airport, Qld 4108 (07) 3275 8001
The option to leave Airside 'unlocked' so that airport users could exit Airside without using a pin code was considered. However, to alleviate security concerns from persons reaching through gates from Landside to unlock them, the pin locking devices have been installed on both sides of the gates. Therefore, users will require a pin upon entry and exit.
The pin will not be displayed at any of the gates except for the Airside entrance to the Terminal building.
Your clothing can be very important in protecting you from everyday hazards in your workplace, so always make sure you wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times when working at the airport. PPE includes boots, face masks, hard hats, ear plugs, respirators, gloves, safety harnesses and high visibility clothing.
One of the simplest and most effective ways to stay safe airside is to be seen. Please remember that it is an operational requirement working airside to wear a reflective vest or high visibility clothing so other people, pilots and drivers can see you. ‘Hi viz’ clothing is also mandatory when working in the manoeuvring area.
* For information on how to send/receive SMS text messages, please consult your mobile phone User Manual or contact your phone's manufacturer. Reply SMS messages should be received within 10-20 secs after the request SMS has been sent. Messages taking longer than this may be due to problems with the mobile network provider.
- AAC Newsletter - February 2017 AAC Newsletter...
- Media Release - Clem Lack Oration (27/09/16) Media Release...
- Media Release - Preliminary Draft Master Plan Consultation Open (09/11/2016) Media Release...
- Media Release - RAAF flypast a highlight of Brisbane Open House at Archerfield Airport (04/10/16) Media Release...
- Visit us on Brisbane Open House day on 8 October 2016 Visit us...